This position will have the primary responsibility for the strategic leadership, oversight, and management of the Earned Value Management System (EVMS) across a business unit for a key client. Will be responsible for the coaching and development of his/her team. This job will need proactive leadership. Qualified candidates must develop credibility both internally and externally to drive improvement. They will meet and manage the expectations of multiple constituencies. There is a significant interface with the Finance Director to ensure government compliance with EVMS policies and procedures. This position is referred to as a Earned Value Management (EVM) Focal Lead within the business because of its accountability for the performance of all EVMS compliance, training, communications and assessments as well as providing interface outside of the business unit across the business unit EVMS communities and outside customers.
EV Focal Support Scope:
Assist program teams with the following tasks:
- Multiple, repetitive training courses for designated groups of program personnel, as required
- Work with planners and schedulers on improving schedule fidelity. Move towards Performance Driven Compliance
- Assisting Scheduling, Finance, CAMs, and PMs in generation of an IMS resource loaded with EV such that it becomes a useful tool in managing the program, including:
- BCR Logs
- Program Logs
- EV reports
- IMS assistance
- EV BCR cadence, generation, and implementation in to baseline
- BCR writing
- EV Monthly reporting and incorporation into IPMRs / CPRs
- CAM EV IMS Statusing and VAR Analysis / Training
- Guidance on Variance Analysis Report writing
- Distilling the message within a VAR to clearly highlight the rationale behind the variance
- Common variance pitfalls, issues to avoid and mitigate variances
- Technical support to help program team members write VARs
- Utilize live program data as examples for:
- Improvements moving forward
- Generating the latest month-end data
- Tracking variances and corrective actions using a VAR log and / or closed loop corrective action log. Implementing simple Excel-based templates for generating and tracking VARs
- Drafting issue identification and variance mitigation
- Identifying scope as a basis for variances (e.g. informal customer requests vs formal contract modifications)
- Assist in EVM metrics analysis and implementing results
- Assist Joint Surveillance Assessment (JSR / JSA) Support tasks to include:
- Planning, Data Call, System Guidance (SD, CAM Notebooks, Process Guides), and Analysis Review
- Personnel Prep / Training and walk-throughs of CAM Notebooks
- Corrective Action Plan Prep
- Partnering with CAMs as they work through their monthly EV close process (writing VARs, reviewing and approving SWAs, attending the weekly EV quicklook meeting, processing BCRs, maintaining their IWAs, etc.)
- Assist programs to implement plans compliant to the EVMS System Description.
- Assist in the development of schedule and cost baselines and support through establishment of performance measurement baseline and data item submittal.
- Guide program and business area team in conducting proper monthly (as applicable) earned value.
- Conduct introductory and advanced training (formal and informal) to audiences with a wide range of experience in EVMS and program management.
- Assist program creating production EV metrics that enable factory management, including providing IPMR training and leading robust, in depth CAM variance analysis.
- Conduct independent EVMS and IMS surveillance on program as required.
- Minimum 10 years related work experience
- Practical experience in applications of EVMS, Program Controls, and Cost/ Schedule Integration
- Thorough knowledge of Government EVM reporting & compliance
- Experience in Training and Process Improvement
- Supervisory experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Independent, self-motivated, ability to meet critical deadlines
- Must be able to work in a difficult matrix environment and bring along programs that may have a high degree of immaturity
- Ability to work well in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to adapt appropriately to priorities
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to influence without authority
- Experience with SAP EV, MPM, & EV systems
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and/or Earned Value Professional (EVP) certification
We’re Always Looking for Top Talent. Send Us Your Resume Today!